You can read Annis Newsletter in the following languages:
I was congratulating an old friend on their 86th birthday on the phone a couple of days ago. We talked a bit about this and that, where I was complaining about how I could feel my advancing age and felt it a little difficult to keep up with the pace.
It became quiet on the other end, and then he answered that in his thoughts he always compared me with the old large BMW I had been driving for many years.
By Anni Dahms
It has become a classic and even more beautiful car with the years, as it was maintained and cared for and all its functions works as a well-oiled machinery.
I felt magical. This was certainly something I should think about, instead of all my complaints I should be happy that I am still alive and active.
I instantly decided that I would get better at caring for myself and enjoy life. We are brought up to see age as a time span, where it is normal with more inflammations, different weaknesses, damage from free radicals, degradation of the mitochondria, shortening of the telomeres, memory being weakened, wrinkles, incontinence, etc.
We cannot turn back time. The body knows where it is going, but remember, we are all individuals and age is something we have a lot of control over.
As Maurice Chevalier once said: “getting old is not so bad when we consider the alternative”.
We are all different. Food can stress you if you do not eat what your body needs. Many people have different groups of foods, which their stomach cannot tolerate. It is not something many doctors assign much importance. Therefore, forget everything about all the modern diets, such as Atkins, Blood type diets, paleo, etc. You have to be conscious about how you feel personally after you have eaten, whether the food was good for you or not. Especially in these Christmas times, it is important to be mindful of the sweets you eat, now that every supermarket is abundant with all the sweet temptations imaginable. If there is one type of food we should all avoid, then it is the foods with added sugar.
In my experience, many people are intolerant to products containing wheat and diary. Products from animals, which has been treated kindly and is ecological, is more tolerated by people’s digestive system.
- As always, I have to mention the importance of taking an easily absorbable mixed multivitamin/mineral product.
- L-carnosine is a strong antioxidant and has been known for generations. It is one of the best anti-aging products available. Take roughly 500 – 600 mg daily.
- It works best when taken in combination with vitamin-E, about 400 iU daily. The vitamin is known as the youth vitamin and can help protect against disease, heart complications, and Alzheimer.
- Ginkgo Biloba has been known by the Chinese for more than 2800 years. It is widely used and an important brain food.
- Phosphatidylserine from lecithin is also an important brain food, that protects against free radicals.
- Q10 is a vitamin-like supplement. It is amazing at strengthening your immune system and can help prevent heart attacks and slowdown the aging process. The dosage should be around 100 – 200 mg daily. I personally prefer Ubiquinol, which recent studies have shown to go straight into the blood in very high concentrations.
- Remember vitamin-D. It is one of the strongest working vitamins with plenty of good effects, such as anti-aging and prevention of colds and influenza.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are important, they protect both arteries and brain and can help reduce inflammations. It also appears, in the latest research, to help protect against cancer.
|The utmost important of all these things, is to lead a meaningful life, preferably together with your loved ones.|
I honestly believe that loneliness is just as destructive as being a heavy smoker.
In these times with Christmas around the corner and the Corona still lurking around, you have think of your elderly loved ones. Many of them are afraid of being an inconvenience and do not ask for company. Tell them that you love and need them, no matter where they are in life.