Aloe Vera is an ancient plant with soothing properties. It originally comes from the region of Sudan. The health benefits of Aloe Vera are known for over 6000 years, but my first experience with it was only a few years back when I was doing the daily grocery shopping in The Whole Foods in South Beach. I had been in Miami for a while and as a result of an active outdoor life there, I had a deep tan. A man in the flower department of the store recommended me to buy a plant called Aloe Vera and cut a leaf of this succulent, and use the liquid coming out of it as body lotion. He said that my tan would last longer and that Aloe vera would help my skin to maintain healthy and have a beautiful glow. I was immediately sold – who wouldn’t want to have a healthy, glowy complexion.
Later on I found out that there are plenty of different kinds of Aloe Vera products on the market. There are own products for internal and external use, and they can be in the forms of gel, juice and capsule.
So Aloe Vera boosts the health of skin, but it also has a lot of other benefits such as:
Helps body in detoxification
- especially in cleaning the liver from waste
- Aloe Vera consists a lot of water, which helps in waste removal
- helps lowering the chronically high levels of blood sugar
Reduces cholesterol levels
- especially reducing triglyceride levels
Supports immune system
- Aloe vera contains antioxidant and has antimicrobial properties
Works as dental remedy
- removes plaque from teeth and prevents bacteria in the month
- relieves symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and joint related inflammation
- allows the skin naturally cool and breathe
Eases menstrual pain
- reduces overall pain load
- neutralizes excess acidity and discomfort
My TOP 5 Aloe Vera products
It’s handy to carry in bag as it’s not a huge bottle. It soothes, cools and revitalises the skin.
This gel with natural antiseptic tea tree oil moisturizes, softens and helps restore dry & damage skin without breaking a bank. Perfect for stretch marks, sun burn and chapped skin.
It helps to detoxify the body and promotes health and regular bowel movements.
Only natural ingredients maintaining healthy gums. No fluoride!
Such a refreshing drink during the summer months.
PS. I just had to add this rich & foamy Aloe Vera soap to my list too!
More about Aloe Vera here!